daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:41 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The find in the dustbin - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The find in the dustbin details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, November 2, 2019
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The find in the dustbin

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:17.18

The find in the dustbin
Forty-two years ago I was born in Matamoros in Mexico. I was spoilt during my childhood; later I attended the university in Mexico City. At the time I was actively committed in politics. Full of ambition I began a legal career with much success, which opened up many possibilities - until I slipped into the criminal world.

Climbing the professional ladder was now impossible. I was able to evade the police, but had to leave the country. When I returned to Mexico some years later, I was arrested.

"Now your life is over," I thought. But one day I found a New Testament in a dustbin in the prison. I read some of it and was surprised. I suddenly saw my life as God did. That light made me recognize my sins, but it also gave me some hope. So I knelt down and asked God for forgiveness. My entire burden fell from me and made way in my heart for an unexpectedly deep peace, such as I had never experienced before.

Through Jesus Christ I received new life. When I was released shortly afterwards I returned to my family. They didn't turn me away despite the shame and suffering I had caused them. In the following months my family put their faith in Jesus Christ.

We now all enjoy new life. And it all began because I found a New Testament in a prison dustbin.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HOW PERSUADED?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PERSUADED?

In 2 Timothy 4:10, Demas - a co-labourer with Paul was floored by his love for the world. He became a victim of comfort. Today, many people are also becoming prayerless and shifting their or trust from God to uncertain riches. They are now tending towards the belief that money can fix everything. If you are in such...More
A LESSON FROM GOLIATH
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 21, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LESSON FROM GOLIATH

At the first sight of David, Goliath despised him. He was amazed that the children of Israel could find no other man to fight him than a young boy. As if that was not enough, Goliath did not see any conventional weapon of war on David. So he asked, "Am I a dog?" The first lesson we have to learn from this story as...More
Always Be Humble
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 31, 2016
by Bob and Debby Gass

Always Be Humble

Who am Ithat you have brought me this far?' 2 Samuel 7:18 (NIV 2011 Edition)
A MEMBER of parliament took his little daughter to visit Westminster Abbey. As she stood looking up at its magnificent columns, her father asked, What do you think, sweetheart?' With childlike candour she replied, I was...More
Forgive And Move On (2)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, August 12, 2020
by Bob and Debby Gass

Forgive And Move On (2)

Anyone who starts ploughing and keeps looking back isn't worth a thing to God's Kingdom!' Luke 9:62 CEV

If you're wise, you'll do four things:

(1) Focus on the road ahead. By looking in the rear-view mirror instead of what's up ahead, you'll end up in a ditch. Focus on the fact you've...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions