daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:11 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Somewhere in the wilds of Kurdistan... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Somewhere in the wilds of Kurdistan... details logo    The Good Seed - Sunday, January 6, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Somewhere in the wilds of Kurdistan...

As I live, says the LORD God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.
Ezekiel 33:11


Somewhere in the wilds of Kurdistan an extraordinary thing happened. A man killed another in an argument. The murderer immediately fled to the mountains. He was aware that the victim's son would not rest until the blood feud had been avenged. And, true enough, the avenger went after the murderer. Fresh signs constantly showed the hunted criminal that the avenger was close on his heels.

One day the culprit was asleep from exhaustion in the shadow of a tree. He awoke suddenly with a tremendous shock: he felt a hand on his shoulder. Opening his eyes he saw the face of his pursuer. "Are you my father's murderer?" asked the latter. - "Why try to escape? I can just go on. Yes, I killed your father. Now kill me!" Strangely, the pursuer's face brightened: "Listen! I am a Christian, and I know how estimable and important forgiveness is. I have been chasing you for weeks to tell you that I am ready to forgive you. I had to find you to tell you to come back home and live in peace."

Many people put off thinking about God. They do not want to be reminded of their guilt and their responsibility towards Him. That, too, is an attempt to escape from our righteous God and His punishment. God cannot overlook sin, although many like to think so. God is truly holy and just. But He is also love and gave His own Son as a sacrifice for sin. Since Jesus Christ bore our guilt on the cross, God pursues us with the offer of full forgiveness.

Today's reading: Exodus 4:18-31 · Luke 1:67-80





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions