daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:16 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Today’s verse from the Bible is taken from... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Today’s verse from the Bible is taken from... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, May 21, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Today’s verse from the Bible is taken from...

I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.
John 16:28

Today's verse from the Bible is taken from the parting words of the Lord Jesus to His disciples before His crucifixion. In them we find some important indications as to His Person both as God and Man.

"I came forth from the Father." Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who came down to us human beings from heaven.

"I have come into the world." God the Son became Man. As such He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul described the purpose of His coming as follows: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" ( 1 Timothy 1:15). Therefore Christ had to suffer and die on the cross, so that people like you and me can be saved from our sins and from eternal condemnation

"Again I leave the world." Through His atoning death Jesus Christ fulfilled all that God's holiness required, so that sinners could be saved. In this way He carried out God's loving plan. In His death on the cross the whole scope of God's light and love were revealed. And because Christ glorified God perfectly, He was "raised by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4). For forty days thereafter many became witnesses of His resurrection.

"I go to the Father." Since the Redeemer's ascension a Man has lived with God in heaven. The eternal Son of God became Man; since then He has been God and Man in one Person, and will remain so for all eternity. All believers are, and will be for ever, inseparably one with Him. That assures them of their expectation for the future.

Today's reading: Jeremiah 49:1-22 · Romans 13:11-14





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions