daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:25 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Conversion to God (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Conversion to God (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, July 3, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Conversion to God (2)

If a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all my statutes and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.
Ezekiel 18:21; Luke 15:18

Conversion to God (2)
We have been going in the wrong direction and find ourselves in a blind alley: we are lost. The sooner we retrace our path, the less time we shall lose.

A rightabout turn: that is the meaning of the word "conversion". This is no theory, no mere outward restoration, but a complete inner transformation of the heart. If someone changes his behaviour outwardly, improving it in one point, that is not conversion. Conversion and the new birth connected with it mean: our moral being is radically healed, and that naturally has an effect on our behaviour.

Conversion does not consist in changing one's religion, but in adopting a completely new stan­dard of values. We are not what we were before. We have a new source of energy with fresh hopes and new friendships. Conversion means choosing another pathway with other objectives in view and working for a new Master. Formerly I lived only for myself, now I live for God. Formerly I was satisfied with myself, now I have recognised what a moral wretch I was. Yesterday God could only condemn me, today He sees me as justified through the redeeming work of Jesus Christ at the cross.

Conversion is a complete change in thinking and living. A new convert could say, "Until now I thought I knew what life was; now I know that I have true life."

(concluded)

Today's reading: Leviticus 16:23-34 · Psalm 65:1-14





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions