daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:35 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


All things considered, I am no... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

All things considered, I am no... details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, August 1, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
All things considered, I am no...

I acknowledged my sin to you, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the LORD: And you forgave the iniquity of my sin.
Psalm 32:5

"All things considered, I am no worse than others. I have not wronged anyone, and God is gracious. He will surely make allowances for my slight faults and consider my efforts to lead an upright life." This is the attitude of many people. We can well believe that they are no worse than others. The question is: who are these "others"? Is the comparison with them a standard that will hold good with God? The time will come when each of us must "give account of himself to God" (Romans 14:12). The life of others is then irrelevant. So it would be advisable to heed God's verdict, since He is the supreme Judge. His Word tells us that "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23) and that God cannot overlook sin. His holiness demands that He should pronounce His judgment even on what we term slight.

At the same time, however, He is the God who loves us and has given us the Saviour: His beloved Son. Jesus Christ underwent God's punishment in the place of sinners voluntarily when He died on the cross. There sin was judged, when Jesus died, cancelling the guilt of all who put their trust fully in Him and His atoning work.

We should never think that God takes our sins lightly, but He does offer us the means of full forgiveness, and that free of charge through faith in Jesus Christ.

Today's reading: Joshua 8:1-13 · 1 Corinthians 6:12-20





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions