daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:54 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


It was dark and foggy. Unsure of himself a man... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

It was dark and foggy. Unsure of himself a man... details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, December 5, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
It was dark and foggy. Unsure of himself a man...

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
Romans 3:24

It was dark and foggy. Unsure of himself a man was groping his way along the harbour wall. He took a false step, fell into the water and screamed for help. Then it was quiet. Others heard his cry and tried to rescue him, but in vain. Next morning he was found dead. He was an expert on docks, ships and navigation and very capable. But he couldn't swim!

Nobody is competent at everything, but everyone can know and do certain things. Some are experts in their own sphere. But few people know what is absolutely important: being in the clear with God! It does not matter who I am or what I can do. If I ignore God and the question of eternity, all my ability and knowledge count for nothing.

The Bible shows me the way to God:

Getting right with God is not something I can earn or achieve. It comes only through His grace. For this the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus is necessary. His atoning suffering and death alone can cancel out the guilt of my sins and make me righteous before God. I must believe in Jesus Christ; then God sees me in the good of what Christ and His work is for Him.

God wishes to save me. I must turn to Him to be saved. He is waiting for me, but I must come.

Only when I accept Christ by faith as my Saviour and Lord, can I put things right with God. Regarding my death the one decisive question I must know the answer to is: Am I in the clear with God?

Today's reading: 2 Chronicles 20:24-37 · Revelation 8:1-13





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions