daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:53 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Through the half open door - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Through the half open door details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, December 11, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Through the half open door

My soul loathes my life; I will give free course to my complaint, I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.With everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says the LORD, your redeemer.
Job 10:1; Isaiah 54:8

Through the half open door
As a boy I lived alone with my drunken father. I often found refuge with a kind Christian who loved God and his neighbour. He used to care for a small group of believers who met in a chapel near his home. But I was far from God.

I had to start work as a youngster. In 1968 my pals invited me to a party. Alcohol flowed, and I fell asleep, totally drunk. I woke up alone and had to pay the entire bill. Finding shelter in the station waiting-room, abandoned, deceived, lonely and sad, I was extremely bitter over that evening and over my life. At 6 o'clock a.m. I made my way to my Christian friend's house, hoping to find some comfort. Passing the chapel, I heard: "Marcello!" That was my first name. The door was ajar and I entered. There I saw my friend on his knees pleading with God to touch my heart and deliver me from evil. I was overwhelmed.

"How can you speak about me to a God I do not know?"

"Marcello, Jesus, the Son of that God, came to earth to get to know you. The name Jesus means ‘Saviour God'. Jesus loves you. Do you want to know the power in His Name to save you? He is calling you now. Believe in Him!"

From that moment Jesus transformed my life.

"There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Today's reading: 2 Chronicles 25:1-28 · Revelation 12:1-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions