daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:08 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


It was all for me! - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

It was all for me! details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, January 28, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
It was all for me!

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53: 4.5.

It was all for me!
Reading the 53rd chapter of Isaiah's prophecy, I was suddenly touched by the message of the cross. For the fist time I realised that the cross is the central point of the gospel. I understood what Jesus did for me: He bore my sins and all that tormented me; He was laden with my wrongdoings, my guilt and my burden, so that I might walk before God as a free man. I began to value the price He had to pay. I became aware of what He gave to save me, a man enslaved by sin and lost. Delivering me cost Him so much!

The fact of this reality gripped me strongly. Contemplating the high price that Jesus paid for me brought a flood of tears to my eyes. I just could not stop the sobbing that came from the depths of my heart. The sight of Jesus with a crown of thorns on His head, hanging on a cross, kept coming into my mind.

"For me! For me!" Words failed me. Nothing could express my gratitude and the sense of my own unworthiness. I could not fathom such love. There He took my place. Knowledge that intelligence cannot grasp gripped my heart. All my life I had imagined that no-one could understand what I was suffering. Then I discovered that Jesus not only understood, but that He had met me by bearing it all Himself in order to deliver me.

Today‘s reading: Numbers 16: 1 - 24 · Matthew 11: 1 - 9
The Good Seed 
daily devotional - It was all for me! - January 28, 2021 - GBV Dillenburg GmBH





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 12, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II

Paul in Philippians 3:10 prayed...More
When You Have A Vision
The Word for today
for Sunday, September 2, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

When You Have A Vision

I was not disobedient to the vision.' Acts 26:19 NIV

When God gives you a vision for your life, you need to know how to:

(1) Hold it. Your vision is governed by a time frame: If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.' (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT) Some of us can...More
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)
The Good Seed
for Saturday, October 29, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honour.
John 12:25.26.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions