daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:33 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The change in Shira’s life (1) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The change in Shira’s life (1) details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, November 16, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The change in Shira’s life (1)

By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13: 35.

The change in Shira's life (1)
I was born in Israel in 1964. When I was 14 years old, three young girls came to work as volunteers in the kibbutz in which I lived. They believed in Jesus. I tried to convince them that their faith was wrong. But their way of life impressed me. I always enjoyed being together with them. I have never seen such love and unity as among those three. They were committed to caring for the sick and the aged.

One day they asked me, "Shira, What is your aim in life?" The question made me consider. Gradually I realised how superficial my thoughts on matters of faith had been until then. I read the New Testament and discovered that Jesus had actually fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament dealing with the Messiah. The thought shocked me. I knew that, if I accepted Jesus as my Redeemer, there was no going back. It is a decision for life.

One day I visited Elly and told her that I was dissatisfied with God. Why did He allow such suffering in the world? Elly said, "Shira, you know that there is a God and that He loves you. So calm down! And before you go to bed, speak to Him."

Back in my room later I suddenly saw myself in another light - as I really was. I was bad, but God loved me personally. I prayed: "God, if you are there, and I know that you are, and if Jesus is the Messiah, and I know that He is " But I fell asleep before finishing the sentence. Yet that prayer was the turning-point in my life.

(to be concluded on Thursday)

Today‘s reading: Ezekiel 10: 1 - 22 · Psalms 119: 1 - 16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HOW PERSUADED?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PERSUADED?

In 2 Timothy 4:10, Demas - a co-labourer with Paul was floored by his love for the world. He became a victim of comfort. Today, many people are also becoming prayerless and shifting their or trust from God to uncertain riches. They are now tending towards the belief that money can fix everything. If you are in such...More
A LESSON FROM GOLIATH
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 21, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LESSON FROM GOLIATH

At the first sight of David, Goliath despised him. He was amazed that the children of Israel could find no other man to fight him than a young boy. As if that was not enough, Goliath did not see any conventional weapon of war on David. So he asked, "Am I a dog?" The first lesson we have to learn from this story as...More
Always Be Humble
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 31, 2016
by Bob and Debby Gass

Always Be Humble

Who am Ithat you have brought me this far?' 2 Samuel 7:18 (NIV 2011 Edition)
A MEMBER of parliament took his little daughter to visit Westminster Abbey. As she stood looking up at its magnificent columns, her father asked, What do you think, sweetheart?' With childlike candour she replied, I was...More
Forgive And Move On (2)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, August 12, 2020
by Bob and Debby Gass

Forgive And Move On (2)

Anyone who starts ploughing and keeps looking back isn't worth a thing to God's Kingdom!' Luke 9:62 CEV

If you're wise, you'll do four things:

(1) Focus on the road ahead. By looking in the rear-view mirror instead of what's up ahead, you'll end up in a ditch. Focus on the fact you've...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions