daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:43 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The testimony of an aged Christian - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The testimony of an aged Christian details logo    The Good Seed - Sunday, December 27, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The testimony of an aged Christian

As for me, I will see your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness.

They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing.

Psalm 17: 15; 92: 14.

The testimony of an aged Christian
A young man emigrated to New Zealand in the nineteenth century and returned to England at a great age. The outward journey took months by sea, the return flight less than two days. He fell asleep in Jesus at the age of 110 years. One year previously he had given this testimony:

"I am approaching the moment when I shall enter the palace of the King of kings, whom I have had the joy to know as my Saviour for 93 years.

It will be wonderful to meet, after the resurrection, such famous men of faith as Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses and so many others in their glorified bodies. I shall probably learn from their own mouths how they tasted God's grace, of which I have had experience for so long.

"Yes, I shall have a place with them. But the One whom I shall behold in that glorious place will be the King Himself in His beauty.

"Although a sinner by my deeds and nature, I can rejoice in the moment that will be impressionable when I am introduced into His holy presence. Won't I feel ill at ease there? No, because my sins have been completely removed by the very One who occupies the throne. And I shall have the proof of it when I see in His hands, His feet and His side the marks of the sufferings He bore out of love to myself."

Today‘s reading: Ezekiel 45: 1 - 25 · Psalms 147: 1 - 10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

He exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord
(Acts 11:23)
A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

Barnabas exhorted the new believers that they should cleave to the Lord. Some are allowed to have a long season of joy on first believing, but God knows our...More
OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions