daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:15 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


From darkness to light (1) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

From darkness to light (1) details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, May 12, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
From darkness to light (1)

Blessed be the LORD God, who only does wondrous things!
Psalm 72:18.

From darkness to light (1)
When I once visited a prisoner under sentence of death in the condemned cell, I wondered at the gleam on his face. He then told me his story:

"Three years ago I was sentenced to death for murder. After the sentence was pronounced I returned to my cell, which became a living hell for me. The thought of approaching death plagued me day and night. I still had a few weeks to live, then certain death, then: eternity!

The more I tried to rid myself of the thought, the more it arose, robbing me of my appetite and my sleep. I decided to make a rope from my sheet to end my life. It was only the thought of eternity that stopped me. Suicide would only remove me into that uncertain beyond all the sooner.

One day I got a gospel tract. I perused it briefly and put it aside. The contents seemed senseless. But I read it again and then walked thoughtfully up and down in my cell. A new feeling overcame me: I sensed some longing in my soul. The words on the leaf were: "The Son of man has come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). I was indeed lost! That strange feeling stuck with me, the longing for deliverance from the terrible burden oppressing me. But how could I get free?

I asked for a Bible and started reading it with mixed feelings of fear and hope. But I soon came across the verse in 1 John 1:7: "the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

(to be concluded tomorrow)

Today's reading: Genesis 24:50-67 · Psalms 9:1-10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


IS YOUR VISA READY?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IS YOUR VISA READY?

Speaking of aspirations and ambitions in life, if all you can achieve on earth is for your name to enter and remain in the most important book in the universe - the Book of Life, it is worth it. On the Day of Judgment, many whose names were in earth's halls of fame will be shown the way to the eternal lake of fire...More
BE STRONG
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE STRONG

You don't charge someone to be strong if there is no task to be performed or if pressure is not required, either for motion or putting up resistance against an opposing force. In the physical realm, mere movement requires strength. This explains why a sick person or a person just recovering from an ailment finds it...More
God often proves to be other than people think...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, June 10, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

God often proves to be other than people think...


Acts 5:4-5

God often proves to be other than people think. Here, for example, death struck a man suddenly for lying before God. Is God therefore severe, when he makes use of His power unreservedly towards the weak?
Let us first briefly examine what preceded this judgment. Holy zeal for the...More
Spiritual Diagnosis
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, April 29, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Spiritual Diagnosis

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 6-7, Luke...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions