daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:16 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


From darkness to light (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

From darkness to light (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, May 13, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
From darkness to light (2)

He (God) is gracious to him and says, Deliver him from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom.
Job 33:24.

From darkness to light (2)
"The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7). I re-read those words and said, "That doesn't apply to a murderer like me!"

The following night I had the greatest struggle of my life. My heart called to God for mercy, and He answered me. I found peace in the morning. God gave me the assurance that Jesus had died for my sins, too. So I was ready to go into death with the Lord Jesus.

The death sentence was unexpectedly commuted to life imprisonment. Death was no longer in store for me but a long, lonely imprisonment. Lonely, no, for Jesus would be with me. Later I was transferred to a penal work institution. My comrades were amazed at the happy expression on my face. I told them my experience. Some laughed, others became thoughtful and asked for a Bible. With the permission of the prison governor, who had noticed the change in me, I could distribute thirty Bibles and about a hundred Christian tracts to prisoners over a period of time. In this way some of my comrades found salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ. I clearly still have a mission to fulfil here, although I myself did not deserve God's mercy."

So far the prisoner's story. When someone recently asked me ironically whether I had ever seen a miracle, I told him this story. The scoffer became pensive; it seemed to me that in his heart he longed for the happiness that that prisoner had.

(concluded)

Today's reading: Genesis 25:1-18 · Psalms 9:11-20





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions