daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 3:30 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Thoughts on the Gospel of John (65) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (65) details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, October 30, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (65)

Are you greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do you make yourself out to be? Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing. It is my Father who honours me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, I do not know Him, I should be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.
John 8:53-55.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (65)
Jesus had said, "If anyone keeps my word, he shall never taste death." His enemies regarded that as proof that Jesus had a demon. Their argument was: If someone who keeps Christ's word never sees death, why had Abraham and the prophets died? Did He maintain that He was greater than Abraham? Who did He think He was?

Jesus did not seek greatness: He took the form of a servant, becoming Man, although He is "over all, the eternally blessed God" (Romans 9:5). But it was God's pleasure to honour His Son. Remember the birth of Jesus: the angels then proclaimed Him as the Saviour. In His childhood the wise men worshipped the king. At His baptism it was the Father who pronounced His pleasure in His Son audibly.

The Lord knew who He was speaking about: He had known His heavenly Father from eternity. He lived with Him and for Him, while His enemies, despite their religiousness, lived apart from God. As the word of God had not reached their hearts, they had no real knowledge of God.

How will the Son of God judge us? Do we possibly belong to those people who deceive themselves and others? Whoever maintains that He knows God without keeping His word is a victim of his own self-deceit.

(to be continued next Sunday)

Today's reading: Isaiah 55:1-13 · Hebrews 13:8-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions