daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 12:59 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Connecting begins with caring - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Connecting begins with caring details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, January 24, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Connecting begins with caring

‘May the Lord make your love increase and overflow.' 1 Thessalonians 3:12 NIV

One of America's most successful telephone companies created a TV advert using the slogan, ‘Can you hear me now?' It shows a man talking on the phone, but the person on the other end can't hear him. So, he repeatedly asks, ‘Can you hear me now?' The ad was designed to convey the message that this particular phone company delivers a high-quality signal and doesn't drop calls. When your phone drops a call, you know it. And what's your immediate reaction? Annoyance? Frustration? Anger?

In his book, Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, Dr John Maxwell writes: ‘When I interact with people I know I've connected when I sense extra effort—people go the extra mile; unsolicited appreciation—they say positive things; unguarded openness—they demonstrate trust; increased communication—they express themselves more readily; enjoyable experiences—they feel good about what they're doing; emotional bondedness—they display a connection on an emotional level; positive energy—their emotional "batteries" are charged by being together unconditional love—they are accepting without reservation. Anytime I interact with people and I see evidence of these signals, I know I'm connecting. I've learned what it takes to connect and to gauge when I'm succeeding. How are you doing when it comes to connecting? When you interact one-on-one with someone important in your life, do you receive these signals? Even if connecting with others isn't something you're good at today, you can learn how to do it and become better tomorrow.'

But first, you must genuinely care about the person you are trying to connect with. That's why Paul writes, ‘May the Lord make your love increase and overflow.'

SoulFood: Ecc 9-12 Luke 5:12-26 Ps 96 Pro 3:5-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions