daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:12 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Downscale in order to upscale - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Downscale in order to upscale details logo    The Word for Today - Wednesday, October 5, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Downscale in order to upscale

‘One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek ' Psalm 27:4 NKJV

You may have to downscale materially to upscale spiritually. If owning things, maintaining them, and worrying about losing them is robbing you of the things that matter most like peace, joy, and fulfilment, consider simplifying your life. Downscale on the things that don't matter, so you can upscale on the things that do. During her successful career as an opera singer, Jenny Lind, known as the ‘Swedish Nightingale', became one of the wealthiest artists of all time. Yet she gave up her career at a time when she was singing her best. And she never returned to it. People speculated about the reason and wondered how she could give up applause, fame, and money. But Jenny seemed satisfied to live in privacy in a home by the ocean. One day a friend found her sitting on the sand with her Bible on her knees, looking out at a glorious sunset. As they conversed, the friend asked, ‘Madame Goldschmidt (Lind's married name), how is it that you came to abandon the stage at the height of your success?' She answered quietly, ‘When every day made me think less of this (laying a finger on her Bible), and nothing at all of that (pointing to the sunset), what else could I do?' King David owned all the stuff we dream about, yet he wrote: ‘One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple' (Psalm 27:4 NKJV). Now, there is a man with the right priorities!

SoulFood: 1 Sam 11-13 John 1:1-13 Ps 51 Pro 22:12-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions