daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:53 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


‘Just as I am’ - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

‘Just as I am’ details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, January 27, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
‘Just as I am’

‘By the grace of God I am what I am.' 1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV

There is a tale about a boy who comes home and doesn't know his mum is visiting with their pastor. He carries a dead rat in his hand. ‘Mum, you'll never guess what. There was a rat running around in the garage. I saw it, threw a stone, and hit it. It just lay there, so I went over and stamped on it. Then I picked it up and hurled it against the wall.' Then he sees the pastor, and if his mum's looks could kill, he knew that he would be one dead kid. So, he holds the rat up and adds in a pious voice, ‘And then the dear Lord called him home.' That's the kind of talk people slip into when they want to hide their flaws and appear more ‘spiritual'. The old hymn Just as I Am, Without One Plea is about taking off the mask and knowing that God loves you in spite of your problems. If there was a true ‘just as I am' church where people could bring their baggage and brokenness, if there was a group where everyone was loved and no one faked it, we couldn't make enough room for them inside the building. Paul acknowledged that sometimes he acted like Dr Jekyll, and other times like Mr Hyde. He talked of the times when he wanted to do good but evil took over. But he refused to throw in the towel because he realised he was a work in progress. ‘I do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect ' (1 Corinthians 15:9-10 NIV).

SoulFood: Num 3:1 - 4:33 Matt 9:14-26 Ps 104:1-23 Pro 3:9-10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SEEK WHAT SATISFIES
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 29, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SEEK WHAT SATISFIES

...More
NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

NEW LIFE IN CHRIST

There is a nature that is of the Earth and there is a nature that is of Heaven. Since the fall of man, the earthly nature of man has become corrupted and therefore is greatly under the influence of the kingdom of Satan. Characteristic features of this nature are: wickedness, moral perversion - sodomy and all sorts of...More
HEAVENLY PERSPECTIVE
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, January 17, 2016
by RBC Ministries

HEAVENLY PERSPECTIVE

READ:


While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
-2 Corinthians 4:18

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Genesis 41-42
Matthew...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions