daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:58 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


How to have peace (2) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

How to have peace (2) details logo    The Word for Today - Sunday, June 9, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
How to have peace (2)

‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.’ John 14:27 RSV

Jesus said His peace is a gift. That means you don’t have to work for it and you cannot earn it. You cannot psych yourself up for it, and you cannot try really hard to obtain it. No, it’s a gift you must accept by faith. Jesus also said that His peace is unique from what the world provides. In the last 3,500 years, the world has only been free of war for 286 of them—that’s less than 9 per cent. This world’s peace doesn’t last. Jesus told His disciples, ‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.’ (John 14:27 RSV). He spoke those words just before He went to the cross. So, God’s peace is not regulated by circumstances—it’s an ‘inside job’. Have you ever heard someone say, ‘I need to get away’? This is sometimes known as a geographical cure. You think if you leave where you are and go somewhere else, you will have peace. But it doesn’t work, for wherever you go, you take yourself with you.

Have you ever been so tired that your body collapsed into bed, but your mind wouldn’t turn off? Well, you can get away and find peace! How? Jesus gives us the solution: ‘“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”’ (John 16:33 ESV). Where can you find peace? Jesus said, ‘In me!’ Today, spend time with Him.

SoulFood: Matt 5:3 Luke 18:9-14 Isa 57:14-21 2 Sam 7:18-29





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (1)


One of themselves, a prophet of their own, has said, Cretans are always liarsThis testimony is true; for which cause rebuke them severely, that they may be sound in the faith.
(Titus 1:12-13)


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
Have you ever thought about one word or phrase for an entire...More
Welcoming Strangers
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, March 9, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Welcoming Strangers

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 8-10; Mark 11:19-33


Deuteronomy 10:19

Today's Scripture & Insight: Deuteronomy 10:12-19

When my friends lived in Moldova, one of the poorest countries in Europe, they were overwhelmed by the warm welcome they received there,...More
Today God is calling you (3)
The Word for today
for Sunday, June 5, 2023
by Bob and Debby Gass

Today God is calling you (3)

I have prayed for you, that your faith will not fail.' Luke 22:32 NASB

God wants you to do His will, but you'll never reach the place of spiritual maturity in which you're free of Satan. You can overcome him, but you can't eliminate him. Look at Peter. He had only one gear: overdrive. He was always...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions