daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 1:38 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Anchors for your soul (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Anchors for your soul (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, September 14, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Anchors for your soul (1)

‘An angel of … God … stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid.”’ Acts 27:23-24 NIV

While everyone else on board Paul’s ship was in a state of panic, he remained at peace. Why? Because of three great truths that serve as anchors for our souls, truths you can build your life on that will steady you in the storm. Let’s look at each.

First, anchored by the presence of God. In the midst of the storm, Paul announced, ‘Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid, Paul. …”’ (Acts 27:23-24 NIV). Life’s storms can never conceal us from God. Even when we don’t see Him, He sees us. We may feel He is a million miles away, but He is with us and is looking after us. God dispatched a personal emissary, an angel, to tell Paul, ‘I am with you. I see you in the stormy Mediterranean Sea in that little ship.’

The truth is, God is with you in the storm you’re going through today, and if you need assurance of His presence, meditate on these Scriptures and stand on them: ‘“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you’ (Isaiah 54:10 NIV). “I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go … I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you’ (Genesis 28:15 NIV). ‘… “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”’ (Hebrews 13:5 NIV). So, anchor your soul to God’s Word today, and let nothing move you.

SoulFood: Neh 5-7 Luke 21:25-38 Ps 78:32-39 Pro 23:29-35





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...


Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? And having begun from Moses and from all the prophets, He interpreted them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:26-27)


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves as...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!
Our Daily Manna
for Friday, September 4, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!

Welcome to today's devotional encounter. We begin with some three amazing facts below:
1.Buckingham palace has more than six hundred rooms.
2.Howard Hughes once made half a billion dollars in one day! In 1966, he received a bank draft for $546,549,171 in return for his 75 percent of New...More
WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 11, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions