daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:18 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Abiding: the secret of perpetual fruitfulness - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Abiding: the secret of perpetual fruitfulness details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, January 3, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Abiding: the secret of perpetual fruitfulness

‘He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit…’ John 15:5 NKJV

If serving the Lord stresses you out, read what Jesus said: ‘Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing’ (John 15:4-5 NKJV). When you see grapes on a vine, it’s a picture of effortless growth.

One day when the great missionary J. Hudson Taylor felt overworked and worried, he read a letter from a friend who had found the secret of abiding in Christ. The letter profoundly moved Taylor, and he realised that his unity with Christ should create joy and fulfilment, not worry and stress. Soon afterwards, Taylor wrote to his sister, saying, ‘As to work, mine was never so plentiful or so difficult: but the weight and strain are now gone. The last month has been perhaps the happiest in my life; and I long to tell you a little of what the Lord has done for my soul … I looked to Jesus and saw that He had said, I will never leave you. Ah, there is rest. For has He not promised to abide with me? As I thought of the Vine and the branches, what light the blessed Spirit poured into my soul!’

So pray: ‘Lord, instead of me striving to see how much I can do for You, I’m going to abide in You and see how much You can do through me.’ That’s a prayer God will answer.

SoulFood: Isa 8-11 Luke 1:26-38 Ps 10:1-11 Pro 1:10-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CONDESCEND!
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CONDESCEND!

After seeing their plight, hearing their cries and feeling their pains, God came down to rescue the Israelites from Egypt. Our God is a mobile God. He comes down to deliver His own. As high as God is and even though He has His throne in Heaven, yet He condescends to meet the needs of His children on earth (Isaiah...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
EX-CHAMPION?
Open Heavens
for Sunday, January 25, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EX-CHAMPION?

Although it is an unpleasant experience to be a defeated contender, becoming an ex-champion is a much more grievous experience. When you are not yet a champion, only a few people pay attention to you. But by the time you become a champion, you will be on the radar of many people, including your enemies. A champion has...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions