daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:41 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A ministry of tears - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

A ministry of tears details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, May 29, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
A ministry of tears

‘Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.’ Psalm 126:6 NIV

If you cry easily, it could be that God has given you a ministry of tears. What is that? American author Liz Curtis Higgs explains: ‘I cry easily and often. Happy tears, sad tears, over-the-top tears, Hallmark commercial tears—you name it … I cry at church … When I hear a wondrous truth spoken or a glorious song lifted in praise, when I see a new believer step forward or an old saint read the Scriptures, I’m so overwhelmed with God’s presence that tears flow down my cheeks … While I’ve made peace with it many women are ashamed of their tearfulness.

A dear woman in Missouri thought her tears were a stumbling block to serving God … She explained, “I want to help hurting people, but the minute I hear their stories, I start weeping.” … I gave her a big hug and said, “You have a ministry of tears! The Bible tells us to ‘Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn’ (Romans 12:15 NIV), and to ‘… comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God’ (2 Corinthians 1:4 NIV). Your tears don’t hurt, they help!” God can use anything we surrender to him. Laughter and tears. Joys and sorrows. Victories and mistakes. Strengths and weaknesses. We minister to others best when we offer our true selves—‘as is’—not waiting until we’ve cleaned up our act or dried up our tears, but right now, leaks and all.’ One day ‘God shall wipe away all tears’ (see Revelation 21:4). But until then, our tears are so precious to Him that, like fine wine and priceless perfume, He preserves them in a bottle (see Psalm 56:8).

Soulfood: Luke 24:50-53 Acts 1:1-11 Eph 4:7-10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

He exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord
(Acts 11:23)
A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD(1)

Barnabas exhorted the new believers that they should cleave to the Lord. Some are allowed to have a long season of joy on first believing, but God knows our...More
OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions