daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:33 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God’s answer to anxiety (3) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

God’s answer to anxiety (3) details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, October 20, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
God’s answer to anxiety (3)

‘All the days of the desponding…are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings].’ Proverbs 15:15 AMPC

One Christian author writes: ‘I once went through a period…when I was plagued by anxiety. I was filled with fear and dread for no particular reason. I kept feeling something terrible was going to happen. Finally I went to the Lord and asked Him what was troubling me. He told me it was “evil forebodings.” At the time I didn’t even know what that phrase meant or where it came from.

Sometime later I came across Proverbs 15:15: ‘All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast [regardless of circumstances]’ (AMPC). I was like so many other people. I was looking for some “monster problem” that was keeping me from enjoying life. I was so intense about everything; I was creating problems for myself where none really existed. Once in a meeting, the Lord told me to speak out something. Apparently, someone needed to hear this: ‘Stop making a big deal out of nothing.’ I used to be the type of person who needed to hear directions like that. I could make mountains out of molehills. I had to learn to just let some things go—forget them and go on. Some of us become upset over things that are just not worth becoming upset over—those ‘little foxes, that spoil the vines’ (Song of Songs 2:15 KJV). If our lives consist of becoming upset over one little thing after another…we won’t have much peace or joy.’ So, the word for you today is—cultivate a happy heart and start enjoying the life God has given you!

Soulfood: Zeph 1-3 John 6:1-24 Ps 85 Pro 24:11-14





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions