daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:13 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Strengthening your marriage (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Strengthening your marriage (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, December 8, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Strengthening your marriage (1)

‘Honour one another above yourselves.’ Romans 12:10 NIV

No matter how good your marriage is, you can make it better. Author Jon Gordon writes:

‘My wife and I just celebrated our eighteenth wedding anniversary. We’ve learned and grown a lot…and I want to share some of our relationship lessons: (1) Choose wisely. One of the most important decisions you’ll ever make is the person you marry. You know you’re with the right person when they give you strength. Looking back…there’s no way I could have done it without my wife. Her love, support, belief and encouragement gave me strength. She believed in me when no one else did. (2) Be willing to improve and grow. Early in our marriage our relationship wasn’t very good. I was young, selfish and quite negative. One day my wife had enough: ‘I love you but I’m not going to spend my life with someone who makes me miserable. You have to change.’ I looked at myself and realised she was right. So I became willing to change and to become a positive influence on my wife, my children and others. (3) Communicate. Communicate. Communicate! Most relationships break down because of poor communication. We’ve had disagreements over the years, but we always communicated, and this allowed us to grow stronger together. (4) Admit when you’re wrong. I’ve been wrong many times and admitted it. I’ve also admitted I was wrong even when I thought I wasn’t. I knew my wife was bothered, and it was more important for her to feel loved than for me to feel right. It takes maturity and a willingness to focus on your spouse more than your ego.’

Soulfood: Neh 5-7 John 18:12-24 Ps 150 Pro 29:22-27





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions