daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:25 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Strengthening your marriage (2) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Strengthening your marriage (2) details logo    The Word for Today - Tuesday, December 9, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Strengthening your marriage (2)

‘Be kindly affectionate to one another.’ Romans 12:10 NKJV

Here are five more relationship lessons by Jon Gordon:

(1) The more I love my wife, the more I love my life. It’s not about what she does for me. It’s not about keeping score. It’s about deciding to be selfless, love her, serve her, and be there for her. When I do, we both get better. (2) Encourage instead of competing. A lot of couples get jealous if their spouse is enjoying success, rather than encouraging them. When you support and advocate for each other, you grow individually and strengthen your team. (3) Don’t quit. Sometimes marriage is great and sometimes it isn’t. Too many people give up, thinking the grass is greener elsewhere. It isn’t. Plant yourself, nurture your relationship, invest time and energy in your spouse, and you will grow into who you’re meant to be. Marriage is where you learn to give and take and compromise, where you work on your individual issues and heal together. (4) Have a shared mission. My wife and I knew we weren’t together just for ourselves. We felt our mission was to raise champions who will make a difference in the world. We aren’t perfect parents, we have made mistakes, but our mission inspired us to give our very best—especially this past year with two teenagers and a challenging year. (5) Invite God into your marriage. Years ago when we hit a tough patch, a guy told me how he and his wife pray together every night. So, I asked God what our prayer should be. It came to me a few days later, and we have said it every night since. It has made a difference that leads to forgiveness, healing, and growth.

Soulfood: Neh 8-10 John 18:25-40 Ps 105:1-7 Pro 30:1-4





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions