daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:05 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Make prayer your first priority - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Make prayer your first priority details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, January 1, 2026
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Make prayer your first priority

John 16:24 NKJV

Prayer should be your highest priority. Why? Because when you fail to pray, you set yourself up to fail. You're saying in essence, 'I don't need God's help or input.' God comes by invitation. Prayer opens the door and welcomes Him into your situation. Jesus said, 'Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.'

An unknown poet wrote: 'I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task. "Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He answered, "You didn't ask." I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, grey and bleak. I wondered why God didn't show me. He said, "But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock." I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray!'

The psalmist said, 'O God... early will I seek thee' (Psalm 63:1 KJV). The first voice he wanted to hear in the morning was God's. The first conversation he wanted to have - was with the Lord. Before others made demands on his time and energy, he wanted to know God's will. Has your prayer life been hit-and-miss? Rearrange things and make it your first priority each day. If you do, you'll begin to thrive spiritually.

Soul food: Rom 13:12-142; 1 Cor 5:17; Eph 4:22-24





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OFFENDED IN CHRIST?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 3, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OFFENDED IN CHRIST?

The Christian race must be run with lots of patience or else it will be bungled midway. If you are inpatient with Gods timing, you will not only get into trouble but may not be able to finish the race. A good number of backsliders derailed from their heavenly track because of impatience. In Matthew 11:6 Jesus...More
Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And he sat at the tent-door in the heat of the day. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, three men standing near him.
(Genesis 18:1)

The spiritual elevation of Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19 is something very peculiar. He seems...More
THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY

Yesterday we learnt it is not right for us to get angry with God or to take offence against Him, even if we experience the deferment of our hopes. The example of John the Baptist who earlier acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, but later doubted Him because of his painful experience of incarceration is a warning...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions