daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:55 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Try for reconciliation - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Try for reconciliation details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, February 23, 2026
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Try for reconciliation

Matthew 5:24 NKJV

Here's something we don't think about enough - but should! How you treat those you are in relationship with influences the relationship you have with God. Jesus spelled it out clearly: "If you bring your gift to the altar [if you serve in the church, pay particular attention here!], and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift" (vv. 23-24 NKJV). Jesus commands the offender, even if the offense was unintentional, to take the initiative in healing and restoring the relationship. That calls for true humility.

Max Lucado writes: "You may find this hard to believe, but not everyone likes the preacher. There are times when I misstep or misspeak and incur the displeasure of a parishioner. In the early years of my ministry, when I got wind of someone's unhappiness, I dismissed the problem. 'If he doesn't bring it to me, then I have no hand in the matter.'

But then I read Jesus' words... Jesus commands the offender to take the initiative. I find that passage to be quite unpleasant. Even so, I have tried to apply it to my fragile friendships. 'Bob,' I have enquired, 'have I said something to upset you?' 'Mary, there seems to be tension between us. Are we okay?' Without fail, the step has resulted in restoration. Never in my four decades of ministry has this practical teaching failed to achieve its goal. When Scripture is mixed with obedience, a healing elixir results."

So the word for you today is - try for reconciliation.

Soul food: 1 Ki 6-7; Luke 11:14-28; Ps 40:1-8; Prov 6:1-5





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions