daily devotionals online logo Thursday, October 01, 2026 12:07 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Overcoming Stress (3) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Overcoming Stress (3) details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, September 14, 2019
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Overcoming Stress (3)

‘I know where I came from and where I am going.' John 8:14 NIV

Know what you want to accomplish. Jesus said, ‘I know where I came from and where I am going.' Can you say that too? Unless you plan your life and establish priorities, you'll be pressured by other people to do what they think is important. Every day you either live by priorities or you live by pressures. There's no other option. Either you decide what's important in your life or you let other people decide for you. It's easy to operate under the tyranny of the urgent, to come to the end of your day and wonder, ‘Have I accomplished anything at all? I used up a lot of energy and did a lot of things, but did I achieve anything important?'

Busyness is not necessarily productivity. You may be spinning in circles but not accomplishing anything of real value. Preparation causes you to be at ease. Or to put it another way, preparation prevents pressure, whereas procrastination produces pressure. Good organisation and good preparation reduce stress because you know who you are, who you're trying to please, and what you want to accomplish. Having clearly defined goals simplifies life. So spend a few minutes at the beginning of every day talking with God in prayer. Then look at your schedule for the day and decide: ‘Is this really the way I want to spend a day of my life? Am I willing to exchange the next twenty-four valuable hours for these activities?'

The right answer to those two questions will lower your stress level by helping you prioritise.

SoulFood: 2 Cor 11:16-13:14, Matt 25:31-40, Ps 19, Pro 21:3





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Learn To Wait
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 14, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Learn To Wait

My times are in Your hand'Psalms 31:15 NKJV

The Psalm writes, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hand' (vv. 14-15 NKJV). As you walk with God you'll find that you spend more time waiting than you do receiving. And when you receive what you're waiting for, then...More
EYES OF LOVE
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, October 31, 2015
by RBC Ministries

EYES OF LOVE

READ:
, "Jesus looked at them and said," 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible'"(v.27).
Today, Jesus sees us through eyes of love and invites us to follow Him. - David McCasland


God has an all-seeing eye and all-forgiving heart....More
A Statement Of Purpose To Live By
The Word for today
for Friday, August 31, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Statement Of Purpose To Live By

Always give yourselves fully.' 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

Next time you pass a McDonald's, think about this statement from the one of the founders: Ray Kroc. Press on! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions