daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 4:15 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Laughter—God’s Prescription For Stress! - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Laughter—God’s Prescription For Stress! details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, November 7, 2020
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Laughter—God’s Prescription For Stress!

‘A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing.' Proverbs 17:22 AMPC

Author Barbara Johnson said, ‘Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve the problem, but it makes things more acceptable for a while.'

One day, comedian David Brenner was signing books. A young man handed him a newly purchased copy to be signed and said, ‘I want to thank you for saving my life.'

Without giving it much thought, Brenner replied flippantly, ‘That's okay.'

But the young man stood his ground and said, ‘No, I really mean it!' Brenner stopped signing and looked at him. The young man continued: ‘My father died. He was my best friend. I loved him and couldn't stop crying for weeks, so I decided to take my own life. The night I was going to do it, I happened to have the television on and you were hosting The Tonight Show. I listened to your opening monologue, and the next thing I knew I was laughing hysterically. I realised then that if I was able to laugh, I was able to live. So I want to thank you for saving my life.'

Humbled and grateful, Brenner shook his hand and said, ‘No, I thank you.'

The Bible says, ‘A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing.' Experts confirm that laughter boosts your immune system, enhances your memory and learning abilities, relieves tension, slows your pulse rate and blood pressure, releases endorphins that reduce pain, decreases anxiety and stress, puts people at ease, and brings unity. Furthermore, the effect lasts for eight to twelve hours. It promotes emotional healing, and best of all—it's fun. That's why laughter is God's prescription for stress!

SoulFood: 1 Chr 3-5, John 9:1-12, Ps 15, Pro 25:21-22





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions