daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 3:17 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


You Need Purpose, And Persistence - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

You Need Purpose, And Persistence details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, January 12, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
You Need Purpose, And Persistence

‘My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus.' Acts 20:24 NLT

To live your best life you need two things—purpose and persistence. And if you ask Him, God will help you develop them.

(1) Let's look at purpose. On the historic monument commemorating the life of author Jack London, who wrote the classic White Fang, are these words: ‘I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than that it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of a man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.' To make a difference in this world you must discover your God-given assignment, and commit yourself to it 100 per cent. Paul did that. ‘My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.'

(2) Let's look at persistence. In 1923, sprinter Eric Liddell was taking part in a quarter-mile race in Stoke-on-Trent, during which he tripped over the legs of another competitor and fell. By the time he got up, the other runners were well ahead of him, leaving him unlikely to win. But, determined, he carried on, overtaking the leader in the last few yards and winning the race. The following year he went on to become an Olympic gold medallist. His determination and refusal to give up are the essence of purpose and persistence.

SoulFood: Ex 25-27, Matt 6:9-18, Ps 71:17-24, Pr 2:3-5
The Word for Today daily devotional - You Need Purpose, And Persistence - January 11, 2021 - Bob and Debby Gass





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions