daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:33 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Remember To Say ‘I Love You’ - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Remember To Say ‘I Love You’ details logo    The Word for Today - Sunday, February 14, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Remember To Say ‘I Love You’

‘Jonathan asked David to repeat his promise of love for him.' 1 Samuel 20:17 NCV

Hoping to save their relationship, a woman dragged her husband to see a counsellor. During their session, the counsellor asked him, ‘Do you tell your wife you love her?' The man growled, ‘I told her when we got married I loved her—and that if I ever changed my mind, I'd let her know.'

Seriously, people know you love them when you show them and when you tell them. The relationship between Jonathan and David was so strong that they were willing to lay down their lives for one another. Yet the Bible says, ‘Jonathan asked David to repeat his promise of love for him.'

When you lose a loved one, you realise that relationships are much more important than possessions. We tend to forget that, in our scramble to get to the top of the heap. There is something about knowing you have a short time to live that radically alters your perspective. It makes you want to fill every precious moment with important words you have left unsaid and important things you have neglected to do. Don't let self-centredness masquerading as ambition or religious zeal stop you from expressing your love to the people in your life who need to hear it. Make that call. Send that email. Buy those flowers. Say, ‘I love you.'

Most times, people don't need our opinions and solutions; when we give them our love and support, they usually find their own solutions. Yes, it's important to fulfil your God-given assignment in life, but not at the cost of the people who really matter. Three little words people never get tired of hearing are ‘I love you.' It's not complicated—it just requires thought.

SoulFood: Eph 5:21-33, S of S 2:1-7, Ps 45, Pro 5:15-19





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...


Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? And having begun from Moses and from all the prophets, He interpreted them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:26-27)


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves as...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!
Our Daily Manna
for Friday, September 4, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!

Welcome to today's devotional encounter. We begin with some three amazing facts below:
1.Buckingham palace has more than six hundred rooms.
2.Howard Hughes once made half a billion dollars in one day! In 1966, he received a bank draft for $546,549,171 in return for his 75 percent of New...More
WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 11, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions