daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:39 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Be A Father To Your Children - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Be A Father To Your Children details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, June 19, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Be A Father To Your Children

‘As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.' Joshua 24:15 NKJV

The beloved radio commentator, Paul Harvey, wrote: ‘At a time when being a buddy to one's son is popular, I am going to stay a FATHER If a gap exists between my sons and daughters and myself, I am going to work hard to understand, but I am also going to work hard to be understood when they tell it like it is, I will listen, even if I like it better the way it was. If old-fashioned things such as prayer, Bible study, worship and faith in God ever seem to my children to be out of date, square, or whatever—I trust God's help to have faith enough to yet pray for them, and I pledge with the patriarch Job to offer additional sacrifices for them. With love in our home, I will answer their questions about the facts of life, but at nudeness and lewdness I refuse to wink If experimentation with drugs or marijuana is ever a problem, it will be in violation of my every prayer and request I want my children to know that I make mistakes, that I am foolish, proud and often inconsistent. But I will not tolerate that as an excuse for my hypocrisy. I will ask them to help me change and to expect me to help them change Others may look to the under-thirty crowd for the wisdom to throw away the past, and to say what will remain for future generations; others may let the offspring in the house determine the foods, the music, and the spending of the household, but I am going to stay a FATHER.'

SoulFood: Est 4:9-5:3, Heb 4:7-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


GOD PROMOTES
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD PROMOTES

When God set out to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt, it was to take them out of captivity and bondage and to lift them up. God has come to take you out of your current location in the miry clay to your promised land - a land flowing with milk and honey. This simply tells us that the God of Abraham, Isaac...More
TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1

One major undoing of modern civilized society is an abounding generation of untrained children. This trend did not just start, but has been on for some time now. The result is that many untrained children of few years back have become parents themselves. It is the multiplier effect of their lack of proper home...More
A LIBERAL HEART?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 27, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LIBERAL HEART?

Read:
, God asked the widow to feed the prophet before taking care of herself. At the end of the day, what was not enough became more than enough. To what extent do you practice giving as an individual, family, church or nation?

Those who never give will continue to beg, if you desire to...More
A DISTINCTIVE FAITH
Today in the Word
for Thursday, October 22, 2021
by Moody's Bible Institute

A DISTINCTIVE FAITH

Hebrews 11:24-28

Author Zora Neale Hurston wrote a book titled Moses, Man of the Mountain. Published in 1939, it retells the story of Moses and the Exodus. Hurston altered details of the story for her own purposes, weaving in allusions to African American history, folklore, and song. She reflected...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions