daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 3:41 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Before Your Window Of Opportunity Closes - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Before Your Window Of Opportunity Closes details logo    The Word for Today - Tuesday, July 6, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Before Your Window Of Opportunity Closes

‘Come, my children, listen as I teach you.' Psalm 34:11 CEV

Your children will grow up fast, and before you know it, your window of opportunity will close at supersonic speed. What they want from you now is as much time and attention as they can get, and there will come a time when they won't want it. Here is an eye-opening poem entitled ‘To My Grown-Up Son' by Alice Chase. You might want to take a deep breath before you read it.

‘My hands were busy through the day. I didn't have much time to play the little games you asked me to. I didn't have much time for you. I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook, but when you'd bring your picture book and ask me, please, to share your fun, I'd say, "A little later, son." I'd tuck you in all safe at night, and hear your prayers, turn out the light, then tiptoe safely to the door. I'd wish I'd stayed a minute more. For life is short, and years rush past, a little boy grows up so fast. No longer is he at your side, his precious secrets to confide. The picture books are put away, there are no children's games to play, no good night kiss, no prayers to hear. That all belongs to yesteryear. My hands once busy, now lie still, the days are long and hard to fill. I wish I might go back and do the little things you asked me to.'

When Joseph brought his sons to visit his father, Jacob, the old man said, ‘Bring them to me so I may bless them.' (Genesis 48:9 NIV)

Mum, Dad, get involved before your window of opportunity closes.

SoulFood: Jer 25-27, Matt 24:1-14, Ps 102:12-17, Pro 15:3





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions