daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 2:51 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Find a mentor. Become a mentor. - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Find a mentor. Become a mentor. details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, August 27, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Find a mentor. Become a mentor.

‘The works that I do he will do also.' John 14:12 NKJV



Jesus was the perfect mentor. He told His disciples, ‘He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also.' If you want to reach the fullness of your God-given potential, ask God for the right mentors. You will always go further with a good mentor coaching and pushing you. Some mentors are given for a short season, others for a lifetime, so you must know the difference. How do you recognise a mentor? In eight ways. The credo of the true mentor is this:



(1) I am willing to spend the time it takes to build a close relationship with the learner;



(2) I commit myself to believing in the potential of the learner, to telling them the exciting future I see ahead for him or her; to visualising and verbalising the possibilities for their life;



(3) I am willing to be vulnerable and transparent before the learner, I'm willing to share not only my strengths and successes, but also my weaknesses, failures, brokenness, and sins;



(4) I am willing to be honest yet affirming in confronting the learner to re-examine their unproductive habits, the learner's errors, faults, and areas of immaturity;



(5) I am committed to standing by the learner through trials of any kind;



(6) I am committed to helping the learner set goals for his or her spiritual life, career, or ministry, and to help the learner activate his or her dream;



(7) I am willing to objectively evaluate the learner's progress toward his or her goal;



(8) Above all, I am committed to faithfully living out everything I teach.



SoulFood: Judg 19:16-21:25 Mark 8:14-26 Ps 119:137-144 Pro 18:22-24





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE GREAT DELIVERER
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 13, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE GREAT DELIVERER

God is great but He humbles Himself to the level of His children to deliver them. The one who will deliver you must be stronger than the enemy holding you captive. The reason He is able to deliver is because He is stronger than all your enemies put together. This is why in

Bible in one year:
Job...More
NO FOOD FOR THE LAZY MAN
Open Heavens
for Friday, June 26, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

NO FOOD FOR THE LAZY MAN

Laziness is not a Christian virtue in any way. Our Lord Jesus Christ made this clear by His lifestyle of hard work while here on earth. A lifestyle of laziness is outrightly rejected in Scriptures typified by today's Bible reading. It is amazing that some people are still expecting God to rain manna on earth! It does...More
FOR HIS OWN PLEASURE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 2, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR HIS OWN PLEASURE

Read:


Bible in one year:
Exodus 12:43-14:31
Psalms 114

Hymn:
Sing hymn 7 (in hard copy)

Bible records show that God is not passive about His creation; He is dynamically involved in everything that happens in the universe. His interest and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions