daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:57 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Five resolutions to work on - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Five resolutions to work on details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, December 31, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Five resolutions to work on

‘Run with perseverance.' Hebrews 12:1 NIV

Susan Alexander Yates suggests five resolutions to work on.

(1) Reach someone who doesn't know Christ. God commands us to be salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16); that won't happen if we spend all our time with believers. While reaching out feels scary, you'll see God work through you when you take the risk.

(2) Be more grateful. ‘I used to wake thinking about all the things I had to do and the people who needed me. I got depressed before I got out of bed! So I started meditating on God's character traits, thinking about how awesome God is, and my perspective changed.'

(3) Spend quality time with your spouse. ‘I used to have a raspberry patch. In the early years, I tended it, and it produced prolific crops. Then I got busy, and weeds took over. The same thing can happen in your marriage. We get busy with kids, our careers and church. We think about spending time together when life calms down. The problem is life never does. Don't let the weeds choke your marriage. You're raising future husbands and wives who need to know a happy marriage takes time.

(4) Say no to something. Maturing means you postpone something you'd like to do to focus on something more important. In 10 years, what will matter most—that you signed your child up for another activity or said no and had family dinners together?

(5) Pursue Christ with fresh vigour. David prayed, "Restore to me the joy of your salvation." (Psalm 51:12 NIV) Vary your routine, pick a new topic for Bible study, or begin a new journal. If you still feel stale, ask God to show you the reason.'

‘Let us throw off everything that hinders and run with perseverance the race marked out for us.' (Hebrews 12:1 NIV)

SoulFood: Isa 43:9-21 John 21:15-25 Ps 139:13-24 Pro 31:28-31





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains,...

If I have faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothingLove never fails.
(1 Corinthians 13:2, 8)
About 60 years ago a new medical graduate, a Muslim, walked into the room of a Christian colleague and saw a small open book on his bed. He asked if he could read it, and after...More
CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
SATAN INTIMIDATES
Open Heavens
for Thursday, July 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SATAN INTIMIDATES

When Goliath came to the battlefield, he took the form of a big problem but he later became a big opportunity. He came as a mighty obstacle but turned into a mighty door of opportunity when God stepped in. Every giant who stands in your way this season shall become a door to your breakthrough in Jesus' Name. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions