daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:06 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Commitment and Purpose - All Billy Graham Daily Devotionals for 2026

Commitment and Purpose details logo    Daily Devotion - Thursday, May 19, 2023
  by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Details
Commitment and Purpose

...serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope...
—Romans 12:11,12

Each generation becomes more addicted to the sedatives of life, to dull the pain of living. Oppressed by a sense of triviality and thwarted purpose, men find no great goal or commitment to draw them, and no inner stimulation to give meaning to their existence. Christ can save you from the bane of boredom. He waits to give you a fresh sense of direction and to take dissatisfaction out of your life. I talked recently with a man in my own community who was converted to faith in Christ. "I hadn't known what to do with my leisure time," he told me, "but now I have a sense of commitment and purpose that I never knew before."

Prayer for the day
Even the smallest job I do today is part of my service to You, Lord. Help my heart to be so filled with Your Spirit I will rejoice whatever task is set before me.
Commitment and Purpose





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions