daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 1:48 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Our Greatest Need - All Billy Graham Daily Devotionals for 2026

Our Greatest Need details logo    Daily Devotion - Monday, September 30, 2024
  by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Details
Our Greatest Need

I stretch forth my hands unto thee; my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land...
—Psalm 143:6

Not long ago I visited the dean of a great American university. We looked out the window of his office and watched hundreds of students walking to their classes. I asked the dean, “What is the greatest problem at this university?” He thought a moment and answered, “Emptiness.” So many people today are bored, lonely, searching for something. You can see it in their faces.

One girl home from college told her wealthy father, “Father, I want something but I don’t know what it is.” That’s true of many people; we want something to meet the deepest problems of our lives, but we haven’t found it. David said, “I have found it. I shall not want.” The Apostle Paul expressed it, “I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.”

You don’t have to give up on life, to throw up your hands and cry, “It’s no use.” . . . You can have God’s peace, God’s joy, God’s happiness, God’s security; and yours can become the most thrilling life in the world.

Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, You quench the thirst and longing of my soul. Praise Your blessed name.
Our Greatest Need





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE ETERNAL BOOK
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ETERNAL BOOK

One outstanding need that divine midwives must satisfy is to have their names written in the Book of Life. This is the most important book in the universe. Given modern trends and need for details, most institutions have various books in which records are kept and can be retrieved in years to come. Every...More
How Is Much Enough? (1)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 11, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

How Is Much Enough? (1)

Life is not measured by how much you own.' Luke 12:15 NLT

What does the good life' mean to you? Driving the fastest car? Owning the biggest house? Wearing the latest clothes and having the most prestigious job? God's concept is very different. Jesus said, Guard againstgreed. Life is not measured...More
VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU
Daily Scripture Reading
for Thursday, September 24, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU

...More
Where to Find Hope
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, September 20, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Where to Find Hope

Read: Romans 5:1-11 | Bible in a Year: Ecclesiastes 4-6; 2 Corinthians 12



Hope is the anchor of the soul.

By Anne...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions