daily devotionals online logo Sunday, October 04, 2026 12:35 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


9 Inspiring Dolly Parton Quotes about God and Faith – Said as Only Dolly Could
Posted by Temmy
Thu, August 27, 2026 1:18am


Dolly Parton, whose recent passing at 80 left an unparalleled legacy in music and philanthropy, always credited her profound faith as the unwavering foundation of her remarkable life.

9 Inspiring Dolly Parton Quotes about God and Faith – Said as Only Dolly Could

Dolly Parton died Aug. 25 at the age of 80 following a life that saw her transform the music industry, become one of America’s most unifying entertainers and leave a mark through her philanthropy and radiant joy.

Her faith, she said, was the foundation beneath it all – a deeply held belief in God and prayer that she carried from her childhood in the mountains of Tennessee to the heights of international stardom.

Here are nine inspiring Dolly Parton quotes about God and faith – often expressed in a way only she could.

Dolly Parton on Prayer:
“I pray every day. I pray about everything,” she said in 2017. “I ask God to lead me and guide me in all the decisions I make – and to bring all the good and right people into my life and to let me do something to glorify God and uplift mankind.”

Dolly Parton on the Existence of God:
“The old cynics will say, ‘Oh, there's no such thing as God.’ Well, that’s your problem,” she said in 2019. “I know there is. … It would scare me to death to think that there was nothing bigger and better than me, that there wasn't something out there that we could depend on.”

Dolly Parton on Her Mission in Life:
“So I kinda held that also in the back of my mind, whether that was predestined or not, or whether I just took that little grain of faith and made that so for myself,” she said in 2019.

“I never let go of that. I always felt responsible to God that I was supposed to be doing something for God. I still feel like that, and I'm still doing it, trying to. Sinning all the way, but trying my best, and asking forgiveness seventy times seven.”

Dolly Parton on Practicing Her Faith:
“I don't practice [faith] – I live it,” she said in 2019. “I think people try too hard. I talk to God like He is my best friend. I just go around talking to Him sometimes. … You live by example. You teach by example. You learn by example, don't you think? … I think if somebody saw me in my house, they would think I was an absolute lunatic. I just talk to God, and sometimes if something great has happened, I just kind of raise my hand and give God a high-five or a thumbs up.”

Dolly Parton on People Calling Her Saint Dolly:
“Well, first of all, I'm no saint. Trust me, I'm no saint,” she said in 2019. “But for me, as far as what I hope my music will be left behind, I hope that it will always live. I think all that other stuff may fall away. But I would like to think that I've left some good pieces of music. And I think as long as time is, people will be doing music – all kinds of different ways.”

Dolly Parton on the Existence of Evil:
“He gave us free will – we the ones that screw up all the time,” she said in 2019.

Dolly Parton on Her Christian Roots:
“I grew up knowing that Jesus loves me,” she said in 2016. “And I knew that through God all things were possible. I grew up with those things that we just heard all the time. My grandfather was a really good preacher. He used to scare me a little bit. I wrote a song years ago called "Daddy Was An Old Time Preacher Man." It was about him, about my grandpa. One of the lines is ‘he preached hell so hot, you could feel the heat.’”

Dolly Parton on Being Public about Her Faith:
“People say, 'Well, I am surprised that you talk about your faith,' and I say, 'Why not? That's who I am. That's what keeps me going,’” she said in 2016.

Dolly Parton on Heaven:
“I am a person of faith, and I truly believe that I’m going to see him again someday,” she said in 2025 after her husband, Carl, died.

Source










 

More From Christian Chat Room Archives


Sexual abstinence and 'purity culture' are often conflated but aren't the same, Tim Keller explains
Sexual abstinence and 'purity culture' are often conflated but aren't the same, Tim Keller explains
Posted on Mon, April 19, 2021 11:43am


What's often referred to as "purity culture" is not the same thing as remaining sexually abstinent outside of marriage, though many conflate the two, according to Tim Keller, founder and former pastor of Redeemer Church in New York City.

Keller explained in a Facebook post that in the early...More
Church Celebrates Drag Queen Sunday: Gets Condemned as 'Open Revolt' against God
Church Celebrates Drag Queen Sunday: Gets Condemned as 'Open Revolt' against God
Posted on Sat, May 01, 2021 10:35pm


An Illinois church's recent promotion of drag queen shows during its Sunday morning service was an example of "open revolt" against God's intent for humanity, says a prominent author and theologian.

Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., says the...More
Christians Jailed after Hindus Attack Them for Visiting Widower
Christians Jailed after Hindus Attack Them for Visiting Widower
Posted on Sun, August 15, 2021 7:36pm


Three Christians are in jail after hard-line Hindus in northern India last week beat two of them, both pastors, and a Hindu they were comforting in the loss of his family to COVID-19.

Hindu neighbors from the upper-caste Thakur community in Phoolpur, Uttar Pradesh state on Aug. 3 attacked...More



 


Smart Links To Latest Topics
...  Home  Our Daily Bread  The Good Seed  The LORD is near  Billy Graham  The Word for Today  Christian  General  Interesting  ...
               
Devotional Sections - NA
Today's Devotional Topics - NA
Devotional Sections & Today's Topics - NA
Devotional Sections 2025 - NA
Devotional Sections 2025 & Today's Topics - NA
Other Sections - NA
Latest Topics - NA
Other Sections & Latest Topics - NA
Devotional Sections
Devotional Sections 2025
Other Sections
Today's Devotional Topics
Latest Topics
Devotional Sections & Today's Topics
Devotional Sections 2025 & Today's Topics
Other Sections & Latest Topics
Go top

For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions