daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:22 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Cleansed Completely - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Cleansed Completely details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, February 17, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Cleansed Completely

Bible in a Year: Leviticus 21-22, Matthew 28

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags.
Isaiah 64:6

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 64:1-8

Recently, my wife and I were cleaning our house before having guests over. I noticed some dark stains on our white kitchen tile floor—the kind that required getting on my knees to scrub.

But I soon had a sinking realization: the more I scrubbed, the more I noticed other stains. Each stain I eliminated only made the others that much more obvious. Our kitchen floor suddenly seemed impossibly dirty. And with each moment, I realized, No matter how hard I work, I can never get this floor completely clean.

Scripture says something similar about self-cleansing—our best efforts at dealing with sin on our own always fall short. Seeming to despair of God's people, the Israelites, ever experiencing God's salvation (Isaiah 64:5), the prophet Isaiah wrote, "All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags" (v. 6).

But Isaiah knew there is always hope through God's goodness. So he prayed, "You, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter" (v. 8). He knew that God alone can cleanse what we cannot, until the deepest stains are "white as snow" (1:18).

We can't scrub away the smudges and smears of sin on our souls. Thankfully, we can receive salvation in the One whose sacrifice allows us to be cleansed completely (1 John 1:7).

By: Adam Holz

Reflect & Pray
Why is it hard to accept God's forgiveness? Why do you think you're tempted to try to deal with sin on your own?

Father, help me to rest in Your forgiveness instead of trying to earn what You've already freely given.
Cleansed Completely





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions