daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:38 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Brother Saul - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Brother Saul details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, March 19, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Brother Saul

Bible in a Year: Joshua 1-3, Mark 16

Placing his hands on Saul, [Ananias] said, "Brother Saul, the Lord...has sent me."
Acts 9:17

Today's Scripture & Insight: Acts 9:10-19

"Lord, please send me anywhere but there." That was my prayer as a teenager before embarking on a year as a foreign exchange student. I didn't know where I would be going, but I knew where I didn't want to go. I didn't speak that country's language, and my mind was filled with prejudices against its customs and people. So I asked God to send me elsewhere.

But God in His infinite wisdom sent me precisely where I asked not to go. I'm so glad He did! Forty years later, I still have dear friends in that land. When I got married, my best man Stefan came from there. When he got married, I flew there to return the favor. And we're planning another visit soon.

Beautiful things happen when God causes a change of heart! Such a transformation is illustrated by just two words: "Brother Saul" (Acts 9:17).

Those words were from Ananias, a believer God called to heal Saul's sight immediately after his conversion (vv. 10-12). Ananias resisted at first because of Saul's violent past, praying: "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people" (v. 13).

But Ananias was obedient and went. And because he had a change of heart, Ananias gained a new brother in faith, Saul became known as Paul, and the good news of Jesus spread with power. True change is always possible through Him!

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray
How have you sensed God calling you to have a change of heart? How can you encourage a new believer today?

Jesus, thank You for changing my heart with Your love. Help me to extend it to others.
Brother Saul





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY

Its amazing that some people who need deliverance do not realize their need; rather they look for others to deliver while they remain in their bondages. In any way you need deliverance, it shall be given to you this season. If God has made several promises to you, and at the time they should be fulfilled none of...More
FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SOARING BEYOND THE SKY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, May 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOARING BEYOND THE SKY

You need peace of mind to succeed in life, business and ministry. To enjoy peace of mind, you need to overcome heartache, worry and anxiety. Forget past failures, disappointment and discouragement which can result in soul sickness. Soul sickness is the bane of life. Soul sickness is caused by lust, or as someone...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions