daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:45 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God Speaking to Us - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

God Speaking to Us details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, April 12, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
God Speaking to Us

Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 19-21, Luke 11:29-54

Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."
1 Samuel 3:10

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Samuel 3:3-10

I received a phone call from an unknown number. Often, I let those calls go to voicemail, but this time I picked up. The random caller asked politely if I had just a minute for him to share a short Bible passage. He quoted Revelation 21:3-5 about how God "will wipe every tear from their eyes." He talked about Jesus, how he was our assurance and hope. I told him I already know Jesus as my personal Savior. But the caller wasn't aiming to "witness" to me. Instead, he simply asked if he could pray with me. And he did, asking God to give me encouragement and strength.

That call reminded me of another "call" in Scripture—God called out to the young boy Samuel in the middle of the night (1 Samuel 3:4-10). Three times Samuel heard the voice, thinking it was the elderly priest Eli. The final time, following Eli's instruction, Samuel realized that God was calling him: "Speak, for your servant is listening" (v. 10). Likewise, through our days and nights, God may be speaking to us. We need to "pick up," which might mean spending more time in His presence and listening for His voice.

I then thought of "the call" in another way. What if we sometimes are the messenger of God's words to someone else? We might feel we have no way of helping others. But as God guides us, we could phone a friend and ask, "Would it be okay if I just prayed with you today?"

By: Kenneth Petersen

Reflect & Pray
What message of encouragement did someone recently share with you? Who might be encouraged by a phone call from you?

Dear God, prompt me to think of others whom I can encourage with Your wisdom.
God Speaking to Us





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions