daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Leap of Faith - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Leap of Faith details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, June 10, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Leap of Faith

Bible in a Year: 2 Chronicles 34-36, John 19:1-22

In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6

Today's Scripture & Insight: Proverbs 3:5-8

As I prepared to ride a zip line from the highest point of a rainforest on the Caribbean Island of St. Lucia, fear welled up inside me. Seconds before I jumped from the platform, thoughts of everything that could go wrong filled my mind. But with all the courage I could muster (and few options for turning back), I released. Dropping from the pinnacle of the forest, I whizzed through the lush green trees, wind flowing through my hair and my worries slowly fading. As I moved through the air allowing gravity to carry me, my view of the next platform became clearer and, with a gentle stop, I knew I'd arrived safely.

My time on the zip line pictured for me the times God has us undertake new, challenging endeavors. Scripture teaches us to put our trust in God and "lean not on [our] own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5) when we feel doubt and uncertainty. When our minds are filled with fear and doubt, our paths can be unclear and distorted. But once we've made the decision to step out in faith by submitting our way to God, "he will make [our] paths straight" (v. 6). We become more confident taking leaps of faith by learning who God is through spending time in prayer and the Scriptures.

We can find freedom and tranquility even in life's challenges as we hang on to God and allow Him to guide us through the changes in our lives.

By: Kimya Loder

Reflect & Pray
What changes or challenges in your life require you to put total trust in God? What's preventing you from taking that leap of faith?

Dear Father, please give me the wisdom and strength I need to trust You with my life.
Leap of Faith





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 12, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES II

Paul in Philippians 3:10 prayed...More
When You Have A Vision
The Word for today
for Sunday, September 2, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

When You Have A Vision

I was not disobedient to the vision.' Acts 26:19 NIV

When God gives you a vision for your life, you need to know how to:

(1) Hold it. Your vision is governed by a time frame: If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.' (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT) Some of us can...More
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)
The Good Seed
for Saturday, October 29, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (113)

He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honour.
John 12:25.26.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions