daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The BLESSED Mask - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The BLESSED Mask details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, September 3, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The BLESSED Mask

Bible in a Year: Psalms 140-142, 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

You show that you are a letter from Christ . . . written . . . with the Spirit of the living God.
2 Corinthians 3:3

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Corinthians 3:1-6

As the mask mandate requirements during the pandemic loosened, I struggled to remember to keep a mask handy for where they were still required—like my daughter's school. One day when I needed a mask, I found just one in my car: the one I avoided wearing because it had blessed written across the front.

I prefer to wear masks without messages, and I believe that the word on the mask I found is overused. But I had no choice, so I reluctantly put the mask on. And when I nearly showed my annoyance with a new receptionist at the school, I caught myself, partly because of the word on my mask. I didn't want to look like a hypocrite, walking around with blessed scrawled across my mouth while showing impatience to a person trying to figure out a complicated system.

Though the letters on my mask reminded me of my witness for Christ, the words of Scripture in my heart should be a true reminder to be patient with others. As Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "You are a letter from Christ, . . . written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts" (2 Corinthians 3:3). The Holy Spirit who "gives life" (v. 6), can help us live out "love, joy, peace" and, yes, "patience" (Galatians 5:22). We're truly blessed by His presence within us!

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray
What are your words and actions saying to others? How can you represent Christ in what you do today?

Dear Jesus, with each person I encounter today, help me to share what it means to live for You.
The BLESSED Mask





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


To you is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God;
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 7, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

To you is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God;



(Mark 4:11)

The Lord Jesus told His disciples that they would be given an understanding in "the mystery of the kingdom of God." He also spoke of another class of people to whom everything would be spoken in parables; these He described as, "them who are without." How solemn that God should...More
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.


Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
(Galatians 6:1-2)


The verse above enjoins spiritual ones...More
JOSEPH KILLED BY AN EVIL BEAST?
Daily Scripture Reading
for Wednesday, August 26, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

JOSEPH KILLED BY AN EVIL BEAST?

...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions