daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 4:37 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


I Can See You! - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

I Can See You! details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, October 3, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
I Can See You!

Bible in a Year: Isaiah 17-19, Ephesians 5:17-33

Now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
1 Corinthians 13:12

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

The optometrist helped three-year-old Andreas adjust his first pair of glasses. "Look in the mirror," she said. Andreas glanced at his reflection, then turned to his father with a joyful and loving smile. Then Andreas' father gently wiped the tears that slipped down his son's cheeks and asked, "What's wrong?" Andreas wrapped his arms around his father's neck. "I can see you." He pulled back, tilted his head, and gazed into his father's eyes. "I can see you!"

As we prayerfully study the Bible, the Holy Spirit gives us eyes to see Jesus, the "image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15). However, even with our vision cleared by the Spirit as we grow in knowledge through Scripture, we can still only see a glimpse of God's infinite immensity on this side of eternity. When our time on earth is done or when Jesus fulfills His promise to return, we'll see Him clearly (1 Corinthians 13:12).

We won't need special glasses in that joy-filled moment when we see Christ face-to-face and know Him as He knows each of us, the beloved members of the body of Christ—the church. The Holy Spirit will infuse us with the faith, hope, and love we need to stand firm, until we gaze at our loving and living Savior and say, "I can see You, Jesus. I can see You!"

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray
What has the Holy Spirit revealed to you recently as you've read the Bible? How has your growth in the knowledge of God changed you?

Jesus, please help me see You clearer and know You intimately as I walk with You faithfully now and until the day You call me home or come again.
I Can See You!





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions