daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:47 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Prejudice and God’s Love - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Prejudice and God’s Love details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, December 8, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Prejudice and God’s Love

Bible in a Year: Daniel 8-10, 3 John

Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?
John 1:46

Today's Scripture & Insight: John 1:43-51

"You're not what I expected. I thought I'd hate you, but I don't." The young man's words seemed harsh, but they were actually an effort to be kind. I was studying abroad in his country, a land that decades earlier had been at war with my own. We were participating in a group discussion in class together, and I noticed he seemed distant. When I asked if I'd offended him somehow, he responded, "Not at all . . . . And that's the thing. My grandfather was killed in that war, and I hated your people and your country for it. But now I see how much we have in common, and that surprises me. I don't see why we can't be friends."

Prejudice is as old as the human race. Two millennia ago, when Nathanael first heard about Jesus living in Nazareth, his bias was evident: "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" he asked (John 1:46). Nathanael lived in the region of Galilee, like Jesus. He probably thought God's Messiah would come from another place; even other Galileans looked down on Nazareth because it seemed to be an unremarkable little village.

This much is clear. Nathanael's response didn't stop Jesus from loving him, and he was transformed as he became Jesus' disciple. "You are the Son of God!" Nathanael later declared (v. 49). There is no bias that can stand against God's transforming love.

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray
What biases have you faced or wrestled with? How does Jesus' love help you deal with them?

Help me, loving God, to overcome any biases I may have and to love others with the love You alone can give.
Prejudice and God's Love





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Learn To Wait
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 14, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Learn To Wait

My times are in Your hand'Psalms 31:15 NKJV

The Psalm writes, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hand' (vv. 14-15 NKJV). As you walk with God you'll find that you spend more time waiting than you do receiving. And when you receive what you're waiting for, then...More
EYES OF LOVE
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, October 31, 2015
by RBC Ministries

EYES OF LOVE

READ:
, "Jesus looked at them and said," 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible'"(v.27).
Today, Jesus sees us through eyes of love and invites us to follow Him. - David McCasland


God has an all-seeing eye and all-forgiving heart....More
A Statement Of Purpose To Live By
The Word for today
for Friday, August 31, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Statement Of Purpose To Live By

Always give yourselves fully.' 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

Next time you pass a McDonald's, think about this statement from the one of the founders: Ray Kroc. Press on! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions