daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 3:14 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


GET YOUR “WANTER” FIXED - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

GET YOUR “WANTER” FIXED details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, December 5, 2015
  by RBC Ministries
Details
GET YOUR “WANTER” FIXED

READ:


I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.
-Philippians 4:11

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daniel 1-2
1 John 4

When my wife was a young girl in Austin, Texas, Carlyle Marney was her family's neighbour, pastor, and friend. One of his off-hand remarks about being content became one of her family's enduring expressions: "Dr. Marney says, 'We just need to get our wanter fixed.'"
It's so easy to want more than we need and become more focused on getting than on giving. Soon, our desires dictate our choices.
When the apostle Paul wrote to the followers of Jesus in the city of Philippi, he told them, "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content...I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need"(Philippians 4:11-12). Paul was saying, in effect,"I've had my 'wanter' fixed." It's important to note that Paul was not born with contentment. He learned it in the difficult circumstances of everyday life.
During this season of the year, when shopping and buying often take centre stage in so many countries and cultures, why don't we decide to focus on being satisfied in our present circumstances? It may sound difficult, but Paul, when talking about learning to be content said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"(v.13). - David McCasland
Help us, Lord, to learn contentment when life is rough. Protect us from believing the lie that having more will bring us happiness. May we be content with what You have given.

Contentment begins with having fewer wants.





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions