daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:02 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Prayer for God’s Will - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Prayer for God’s Will details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, December 5, 2024
  by RBC Ministries
Details
A Prayer for God’s Will

Bible in a Year : Daniel 1-2, 1 John 4

Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.
Luke 22:42

Today's Scripture & Insight : Luke 22:41-44

As a young believer in Jesus, I picked up my new devotional Bible and read a familiar Scripture: “Ask and it will be given to you” (Matthew 7:7). The commentary explained that what we really should be asking God for is our will to line up with His. By seeking for His will to be done, we would be assured that we’d receive what we asked for. That was a new concept for me, and I prayed for God’s will to be done in my life.

Later that same day, I became surprisingly excited about a job opportunity I’d already turned down in my mind, and I was reminded about my prayer. Perhaps what I didn’t think I wanted was actually a part of God’s will for my life. I continued to pray and eventually accepted the job.

In a much more profound and eternally significant moment, Jesus modeled this for us. Before His betrayal and arrest, which led to His crucifixion, He prayed: “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done” (Luke 22:42). Christ’s prayer was filled with anguish and agony as He faced physical and emotional pain (v. 44). Yet He was still able to “earnestly” pray for God’s will to be done.

God’s will in my life has become my ultimate prayer. This means I may desire things I don’t even know I want or need. The job I originally hadn’t wanted turned out to be the beginning of my journey in Christian publishing. Looking back, I believe God’s will was done.

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray
What prayer request is on your heart? What do you believe God is calling you to do?

Heavenly Father, please guide me to do Your will.
A Prayer for God’s Will





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions