daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:54 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Blessed to Be a Blessing - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Blessed to Be a Blessing details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, January 27, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Blessed to Be a Blessing

Bible in a Year : Exodus 16-18, Matthew 18:1-20

They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring.
2 Kings 4:5

Today's Scripture & Insight : 2 Kings 4:1-7

During my years as a journalist, I enjoyed telling other people’s stories, but I was trained to not share my own opinions. So years after I had felt God call me out of my journalism career, when I increasingly felt God directing me to write a blog and speak about Him, I was a little nervous about sharing my thoughts, especially about my faith. As I started blogging, I was afraid I’d run out of things to say. But week after week, I found encouraging words and insights to share. The more I wrote, the more ideas flowed. The same is still true now.

I have witnessed in my own life how God has filled me with more joy and inspiration when I’ve poured out my gifts and talents to serve others.

In 2 Kings, we read about a poor widow who went to the prophet Elisha for help. Her late husband’s creditor wanted to seize her two sons. All she had at home was a small jar of olive oil. The prophet instructed her to collect empty jars from her neighbors and to keep pouring oil into the containers. “They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring” (4:5). She kept pouring until all the jars were miraculously filled. She could pay her family’s debts with the extra oil.

God is faithful and always provides. He’s blessed us with gifts and talents and resources to be a blessing to others. Let’s not hide or dismiss our gifts but use them for His glory.

By: Nancy Gavilanes

Reflect & Pray
What gifts and talents has God given you? How are you using your gifts to serve others?

Dear God, thank You for blessing me and making me a blessing.
Blessed to Be a Blessing





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING
Daily Scripture Reading
for Saturday, August 22, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING



Do hope you are learning from our meditations through Psalm 73. It pictures to us the reality of everyday living. I do hope you are realizing that after all there is no point envying the prosperous wicked. Do not kill yourself for nothing. You have your life to live. Do not be a puppet dancing the...More
Hudson Taylor...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, May 20, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Hudson Taylor...


John 19:30

The parents of Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), the well-known missionary in China, were believers. From their example, he noticed early in life how helpful prayer and the Bible are.
His parents' exemplary life impressed him, and he endeavoured to be as good a Christian as they were....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions