daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:08 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Becoming Holy - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Becoming Holy details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, January 29, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Becoming Holy

Bible in a Year : Exodus 21-22, Matthew 19

I am the Lord, who makes them holy.
Leviticus 22:9

Today's Scripture & Insight : Leviticus 22:1-9

After viewing world-class ceramic sculptures at an art museum, I was invited to create my own “pinch pot” from air-dry clay. I spent two hours shaping a little bowl, engraving patterns, and painting. The result of all my hard work was underwhelming: a tiny, misshapen pot with uneven color. It wasn’t going to end up in a museum anytime soon.

Living up to a high standard can be daunting. The Israelite priests experienced this as they tried to follow God’s commands to be ceremonially clean (Leviticus 22:1-8) plus additional instructions regarding the sacrifices (vv. 10-33). The priests’ work was supposed to be holy—set apart—but despite their best efforts, they often fell short. That’s why God ultimately placed the responsibility for their righteousness on His own shoulders: “I am the Lord, who makes [the priests] holy,” He told Moses repeatedly (22:9, 16, 32).

Jesus is our perfect High Priest and He alone provided the pure, acceptable sacrifice for sin through His death on the cross. He prayed, “I give myself as a holy sacrifice for [my disciples] so they can be made holy by your truth” (John 17:19 nlt). When it feels like our attempts at living right are just amateur pinch pots, we can rest in the perfect work Jesus has already completed and rely on the Holy Spirit’s power to live for Him.

By: Karen Pimpo

Reflect & Pray
Where’s your lack of holiness most frustrating to you? How has Jesus fulfilled that requirement for perfection?

I’m so thankful that my righteousness rests in You, Jesus! Thank You for making me holy.
Becoming Holy





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions