daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:09 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Spirit’s Helpful Reminders - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Spirit’s Helpful Reminders details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, April 12, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
The Spirit’s Helpful Reminders

Bible in a Year : 1 Samuel 19-21, Luke 11:29-54

The Advocate, the Holy Spirit, . . . will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 14:26

Today's Scripture & Insight : John 14:15-17, 25-31

One year, I agreed to sing a song before one of my son’s sporting events. I practised for weeks, but I knew the song by heart already. So when I walked onto the field with the teams lined up on both sides of me, I closed my eyes and prayed. I started singing the first few lines. Then, I froze. In that moment I couldn’t remember the next line. A man behind me whispered the words I’d forgotten. As soon as I heard the helpful reminder, I belted out the rest of the lyrics with confidence.

We all need a little help sometimes. In John 14, Jesus explained that we love Him by obeying Him (v. 15), and He promised to ask the Father to give us a Helper—“the Spirit of truth” (v. 17). Jesus said, “The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you” (v. 17). Though Jesus taught the disciples a lot while with them (v. 25), He said “the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (v. 26).

As we prayerfully read the Bible, the Holy Spirit helps us interpret, understand and apply God’s wisdom. His leading always aligns with Scripture—guiding, comforting and transforming us in love, one helpful reminder at a time.

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray
What can you do to better recognise the Holy Spirit’s voice? How do you acknowledge Him daily?

Holy Spirit, please help me recognise Your voice and submit to You as You make me more like Jesus, one helpful reminder at a time.
The Spirit’s Helpful Reminders





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And he sat at the tent-door in the heat of the day. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, three men standing near him.
(Genesis 18:1)

The spiritual elevation of Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19 is something very peculiar. He seems...More
FASTING IS NECESSARY
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FASTING IS NECESSARY

To relate with the Holy Spirit, you must be holy. You must also exercise a living faith, pray and fast. Some people will tell you that because had finished the work of salvation, there is no need to fast. To them, fasting is completely needless and is some form of self-inflicted punishment. But they forget that...More
REWARD FOR LABOUR
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, August 27, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

REWARD FOR LABOUR

Jacob sojourned with Laban and laboured for him for several years. At first, his host was cheating him at every opportunity, and the years of his hard labour were almost in vain. Down the line, God had to intervene to enable Jacob eat the fruit of his labour. For a reader of this devotional, in every area that you...More
HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?

The name you bear is very important because it serves as your identity and your future may be connected to it. The name a person bears is sometimes indicative of the experiences he or she will encounter in life. Take for instance Moses: this name means "drawn out of water"

Bible in one year:
Job...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions