daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:05 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


No Regrets - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

No Regrets details logo    Our Daily Bread - Monday, May 12, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
No Regrets

Bible in a Year : 2 Kings 15-16, John 3:1-18

You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.
Luke 12:20

Today's Scripture & Insight : Luke 12:13-21

There was no mention made of the stuff we often spend our lives chasing. That’s what palliative care nurse Bronnie Ware discovered as she sat with the dying. She intentionally questioned them: “Would you do anything differently if you could do it again?” Common themes surfaced, and she compiled a list of the top five regrets of the dying: (1) I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself. (2) I wish I hadn’t worked so hard. (3) I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings. (4) I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. And (5) I wish I’d let myself be happier.

Ware’s list brings to mind the parable Jesus tells in Luke 12. A rich man decides to build bigger barns to store his great harvest, after which he tells himself he’ll retire in style, sit back and relax until he dies (vv. 18-19). But in that moment, God demands his life with a gripping address: “You fool!”—followed by a haunting question: in essence, “And what will become of all your stuff?” (v. 20).

Is it possible to die with zero regrets? That’s hard to know for certain. But what we do know is clearly expressed in Scripture—storing up stuff for ourselves is a dead end. True riches come from a life invested in God.

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray
What if your life was demanded of you today? Would wise or foolish be applied to you? Why?

Dear Jesus, when the time comes, I want to have as few regrets as possible. Please help me to live wisely, building a life rich in You.
No Regrets





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


YOU CAN BE HIS WITNESS
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 25, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

YOU CAN BE HIS WITNESS

As a bona fide member of the Kingdom of God, you must be a proof of His power to save. Matthew 1:21 says Jesus shall save His people from sin.

Bible in one year:
Genesis 3-5

Action...More
BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY

Yesterday we learnt it is not right for us to get angry with God or to take offence against Him, even if we experience the deferment of our hopes. The example of John the Baptist who earlier acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, but later doubted Him because of his painful experience of incarceration is a warning...More
The Via Dolorosa
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, March 30, 2018
by RBC Ministries

The Via Dolorosa

Read: Hebrews 10:1-10 | Bible in a Year: Judges 9-10; Luke 5:17-39



Christ's sacrifice was what God desired and what our sin required.

By Amy...More
Don't Lose Sight
Daily Devotion
for Tuesday, January 25, 2023
by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

Don't Lose Sight

...when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem...
Luke 2:45

We might as well face it, strife has even infiltrated our church life. It is true enough that the Church is now the Church militant. But, as such, its warfare ought to be that of dedication to revealed truth and divine...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions