| Wednesday, September 30, 2026 2:22 PM GMT+1 |
Home Our Daily Bread The Good Seed The LORD is near
Andrew Wommack
Billy Graham The Word for Today
Christian
General
Interesting
More |
|
|
THE NIGHT NO ONE CAME - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026
|
by RBC Ministries |
| Details |
|
THE NIGHT NO ONE CAME READ: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. -Matthew 6:1 THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 16-17 Matthew 5:27-48 One winter night, composer Johann Sebastian Bach was scheduled to debut a new composition. He arrived at the church expecting it to be full. Instead, he learned that no one had come. Without missing a beat, Bach told his musicians that they would still perform as planned. They took their places, Bach raised his baton, and soon the empty church was filled with magnificent music. This story made me do some soul-searching. Would I write if God were my only audience? How would my writing be different? New writers are often advised to visualise one person they are writing to as a way of staying focussed. I do this when I write devotionals; I try to keep readers in mind because I want to say something they will want to read and that will help them on their spiritual journey. I doubt that the "devotional writer" David, whose psalms we turn to for comfort and encouragement, had "readers" in mind. The only audience he had in mind was God. Whether our "deeds," mentioned in Matthew 6, are works of art or acts of service, we must keep in mind that they are really between us and God. Whether or not anyone else see does not matter. He is our audience. - Julie Ackerman Link That my ways might show forth Your glory, That You, dear Lord, greatly deserve! With Your precious blood You've redeemed me - In all my ways, You I would serve! - Somerville Serve for an audience of one. |
More From Our Daily Devotional Archives
|
Open Heavens for Tuesday, December 10, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye VICTIM OF COMFORT? Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More |
The LORD is near for Friday, December 27, 2013 by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr THE NON-LYING GOD (2) In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word. (Titus 1:2-3) THE NON-LYING GOD (2) I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More |
Open Heavens for Saturday, October 4, 2014 by Pastor E.A Adeboye SOCIAL DEVIANTS! A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More |
|
For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions |